Buyer and Seller Tips
Real estate is an ever-growing business, but that’s not always the best news for buyers and sellers. Buying and selling anything can be stressful, and the stress goes up exponentially when that thing is a home you’re attached to or a home you need to provide for yourself and your family. A disturbing number of buyers and sellers start this process without knowing all they should, and soon find themselves in over their heads without the help they need. The Real Estate Group understands this stress and would like to offer tips to both buyers and sellers to reduce it. With our tips, we guarantee buying and selling your home will become easier.
Tips for Buyers
- Know what you can afford well ahead of time. Real estate agents like almost nothing less than a buyer who thought he or she could afford a certain home, only to back out later because it turns out the money wasn’t there. This disappoints both buyers and sellers and puts the realtor in a tough, unfair spot. Before considering a home purchase, make sure you’re financially stable enough for one. Once you know that, talk to a mortgage broker or lender to see what you can afford, and make the right mortgage plan for you.
- Don’t get attached. What you think is your dream home may not be a good fit after all; you may find a home you like better. Someone else may make a better offer than yours, or you may hit an unexpected financial problem. Keep your options open.
- Negotiate well. Sellers are used to price negotiations, but don’t haggle too much or make clumsy offers. Let your realtor handle most of this process.
Tips for Sellers
- Know what you’re selling and for how much. If you need to change a price, do so as soon as possible, but don’t do it too often. Determine exactly what, if anything, comes with the house. Are you taking the porch swing or leaving it? How about the gazebo? Answering questions like these helps buyers understand whether your home will work for them. It also keeps you from leaving behind precious possessions.
- Keep it clean. That means negotiations, meetings, and the house itself. Don’t lie to buyers to make a quick sale. Although you may be upset about selling, don’t treat buyers with hostility. Make sure your house is clean and neat before every showing, as well; ask if your realtor stages homes or knows someone who will.
Why Buy or Sell with The Real Estate Group?
The Real Estate Group has more than 110 agents ready to serve buyers all over Central Illinois and the greater area. Our agents have spent years selling everything from small single-family homes, to antebellum plantation houses, to farmland and hunting land. Whether you’re a buyer or a seller, we will match you with an agent who will listen to your wants and needs and find your dream property. We will treat you with the utmost care and give you the tools you need to make your home or land completely your own.